Spencer Clarke Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Building Surveyor / Project Manager to work in the Bedford area.
A local authority based in Bedford have a fantastic opportunity a Senior Building Surveyor / Project Manager to join their team.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide a comprehensive professional Building Surveying design and contract management service to internal and external clients, by delivering, controlling and managing construction related projects in a commercial and customer focused way, which achieves programs, meets performance targets, and the Councils Corporate Objectives.
- Ensuring projects achieve BIM compliance according to government standards and to support the Team Leader in achieving the objectives of the Project Delivery (Buildings) Team.
- To engage with internal and external stakeholders and contractors ensuring that services are delivered to a high quality, are customer focused, responsive and represent value for money adopting a commercial approach.
- To support in the management of Health and Safety ensuring that full compliance is met particularly in relation to the CDM Regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act and that all industry statute is adhered to.
- To manage projects using project management protocol to include management of change, risk and budgetary control with engagement and regular reporting to all stakeholders
- Must possess a construction related degree and have post qualification experience in a similar role. Member RICS, RIBA, CIOB or equivalent or working toward the status.
- Must have strong planning, contract and project management skills with the ability to plan develop and progress projects to meet strategic targets and a good working knowledge/experience of JCT & NEC forms of contract.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the CDM Regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act, Control of Asbestos at Work Act, Building Regulations, Planning and all other relevant statute.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to evidence engagement with the Customer, internal and external Stakeholders, Senior Management and Members through issue of briefings, reports and performance related matters, delivery of briefings at Project Board meetings and the management of construction contracts.
If you’re interested in the role and would like to apply, please email your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call Chris on 01772 954 200