Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside The London Borough of Tower Hamlets to provide them a with a Senior Accountant within their Adult Social Care Team to join on an interim contract position.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. Manage the delivery of a proactive finance service to directorates.
2. Support resource planning for directorates, assessing the implications of service proposals, providing financial modelling and analysis of service options for projects and initiatives.
3. Ensure the financial implications of change proposals are fully costed and based on sound budget management principles. Prepare financial comments to ensure that the implications of proposals being reported are fully and accurately stated.
4. Work in partnership with other Senior Accountants to share best practice across the teams and lead on the standardisation of the Finance service offer.
5. Manage the provision of financial support to a directorate in forecasting both in-year and future year income and expenditure, ensuring these are accurate, appropriate and are supported through activity and performance analysis.
6. Support the management, development and updating of the medium term financial strategy (MTFS) and annual budget to ensure that it supports the outcomes set out in the Council’s Strategic Plan.
Depending on the team assigned, the Senior Accountant will have responsibility for:
7. Lead on accounting for the Council’s General Fund and Housing Revenue Account annual revenue control budget, including those elements supported by specific grants such as the Dedicated Schools Grant, ensuring that it is consistent with the approved resources and is correctly accounted for.
8. Manage the production of key financial publications such as the Council tax leaflet, capital programme and budget book and returns to government departments such as revenue and capital budget and outturn returns, statistical returns and returns for schools.
9. Responsible for supporting the production of papers for Schools Forum, and ensuring senior officers are briefed on the contents.
10. Assist the Chief Accountant to produce the Council’s financial annual accounts to be accurate and free of error in accordance with financial standards, and the statutory timetable, including those for the Council’s Pension Fund, Group Accounts and Whole Government Accounts.
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Matt Byrne-Fraser @ Spencer Clarke group – email@example.com
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers