An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accountancy Technician to join a Cheshire East Council on a 12 month contract.
This is position is hybrid working with the office base being in Crewe.
Provide, manage and develop service and corporate financial support to a designated service in order to facilitate the effective management of resources.
- Advise and liaise with operational managers and within the Finance Service to ensure that detailed capital and revenue budgets are prepared and maintained in order to meet the Council’s Financial Standing Orders and current policies and guidelines.
- Collate and analyse financial information and provide an advisory service to individual operational managers to satisfy their needs and meet the corporate requirements of the Council.
- Provide and evaluate data for incorporation within financial reports to committees to ensure that decisions are taken with full knowledge of all resource implications.
- Maintain and lead on the development of computerised accounting and other systems to satisfy manager’s and corporate needs, ensuring the preparation of final accounts and related returns for specific areas of responsibility allocated to the job, to meet with the Council’s procedures and statutory obligations and timetables.
- Review, in conjunction with individual operational managers, performance against targets to ensure that appropriate actions are taken in accordance with current financial and service policies and guidelines.
- Lead, Initiate and maintain relationships with schools with clients, suppliers and other relevant parties, to ensure effective day to day operation of the team and take remedial action to maintain continuity of service and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure, for all areas of activity covered by the job, that all relevant returns and grant claims are submitted to meet specified return dates and that appropriate payments are initiated and income accounted for to optimise cash flow to the Council.
- Supervise a team of Accounting Technicians and finance trainees in the delivery of a Financial Service to internal and external clients, including schools.
The job holder may be required at any time to undertake any work up to and/or at a level consistent with existing responsibilities. These tasks may be at any location in Cheshire East, to ensure the effective deployment of labour, materials, transport and equipment to meet daily service requirements.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be AAT qualified or similar qualification
- Have sound working knowledge of financial practices and procedures
- Working knowledge and understanding of council financial practices and procedures or equivalent
How To Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Matt Byrne Fraser on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.