Job Title: SEND Teaching Assistant
Location: Didsbury, Manchester
Salary: £80-£100 per day
Are you an experienced professional with a background in supporting students with special educational needs and disabilities? Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of vulnerable young people? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
About the school:
The school is a dynamic and inclusive educational institution committed to providing a supportive and nurturing environment for their students. They believe that every child has the right to reach their full potential, regardless of their unique needs and abilities. Their dedicated staff work tirelessly to ensure that our students receive the best possible education.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and adaptable SEND Teaching Assistant to join the team. As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing 1:1 support and general assistance throughout the school, supporting both the teachers and students. Your commitment and expertise will help the students thrive in the classroom and beyond.
- Provide 1:1 support to students with special educational needs, ensuring their individual learning needs are met.
- Collaborate with teachers to create a supportive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students.
- Adapt teaching materials and resources to meet the specific needs of students.
- Help students to develop their social and emotional skills.
- Foster a positive and nurturing learning atmosphere.
- Support students in their personal development and growth.
- Assist with behaviour management when necessary.
- Liaise with parents and guardians, providing updates on students' progress.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in SEND or support work is highly desirable.
- A passion for working with vulnerable young people.
- An understanding of the challenges and needs of students with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a strong desire to make a positive impact on students' lives.
- The ability to adapt to different situations and work effectively in a team.
- Relevant qualifications or certifications in special education or related fields are a plus.
To be considered for this great opportunity, please apply directly or contact Destiny via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPENCER CLARKE GROUP
· All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
· Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
· You must have legal right to work in the UK
· You must be willing to attend a registration interview
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Spencer Clarke Group work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary, Special Education needs and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.