SEND Mediation & Appeals Manager – Local Authority
6-month initial contract – likely to be extended
Remote Working -
Rate of pay: £400+ per day - Negotiable depending on experience.
What we need from you:
- Providing key leadership in case management of Mediation and SEN appeal related cases to ensure that the Council discharges its responsibilities effectively in relation to statutory appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST), which is part of her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunal Service (HMCTS).
- Building strategic links with schools, education provider services and other agencies to deliver positive outcomes for children and young people, and to limit the Local Authority’s exposure to risk of appeals to Tribunals.
- Working directly with parents, schools, parental appointed legal representatives and other professional bodies within the statutory and legal framework related to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal process.
- Advising on learning/case law from previous lower and upper tier tribunals in order to limit the Authority’s exposure to risk of appeals to Tribunals, litigation and judicial review/complaints to the Local Government Ombudsman.
- Previous experience within a local authority within a similar role is essential
- We offer a £250 referral bonus – so please pass on any details to someone who you think may be interested!
- We supply to hundreds of councils across the UK!
- Nationwide Supplier to the NHS!
If you are interested in the role, please contact Adam @ Spencer Clarke Group – 01772 954200 / firstname.lastname@example.org