We are working with a local authority in Southeast England to assist them in the appointment of a SEND Casework Lead Officer.
Pay Scale – £37.45 per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
Location – Remote Working.
Contract Length – 6-month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Applicants will have Knowledge of schools, Early years providers, Post-16 providers and local authority services that support children and young people at SEN Support level and with EHC plans as they transition through their education
Key Objectives in the role:
- Develop and implement a Countywide Strategy to support Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Responsible for managing, leading and developing a service to ensure all; statutory duties are met for children and young people age 0 - 25
- Under the direction of the Head of Service, devise, lead and manage the Casework team so that key milestones are articulated, met and evaluated to develop future best practice and inform commissioning decisions.
- Lead, manage and ensure all casework is completed in statutory timelines for children and young people. This will include a measurable action plan with clearly defined outcomes
- Lead and manage workstreams/working groups as required to ensure that the service continues to meet all and any changing Legislation.
- Provide expert advice to all services on national legislation and Policy and practice on how Oxfordshire meets its Statutory duties.
- Develop a transition plan process with supporting advice and guidance for children and young people who move from one point in their education to the next, ensuring that children on SEN support are considered
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please make an application today and then contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.