Spencer Clarke Group work closely with local authority SEN services nationwide providing them with experienced SEND professionals into a variety of roles.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a experienced SEND professional to take up a contract as a SEND Tribunal Oversight Officer with a Local Authority on a fully remote working interim contract.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST) process, having previously undertaken a role with operational oversight/management of appeals.
They are supported by a Senior SEN Officer. A Tribunal Case Coordinator provides administrative support, including ensuring that a suitably paginated and indexed bundle is prepared and submitted. A clear process for the management of appeals is in place, accompanied by exemplars and proformas; all Senior SEN Officers and SEN Officers have received training in how to respond to and manage appeals.
Pay Scale – Starting from £300 per day – Negotiable depending on experience.
Location – Fully Remote Working – ICT equipment to be provided by the council.
Contract Length – 3 month rolling contract highly likely to be until March 2022 with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Key Experience / Responsibilities:
- Have a sound understanding and knowledge of SENDIST including the relevant legislation and the SEND Code of Practice
- Have considerable experience of providing advice, management and oversight of SEN appeals
- Support Health and Social Care colleagues with their duties related to the National Trial and work, where required, with the Local Authority Legal Team
- Provide operational oversight, robust support and challenge to Senior SEN Officers and SEN Officers on complex casework for ‘live’ appeals, ensuring that appeals are managed in a timely and thorough manner to minimise the Local Authority’s exposure to reputational and financial risk
- Provide advice, support, challenge and coaching to Senior SEN Officers and SEN Officers to creatively draw together packages of support to resolve complex appeals where possible, ensuring a consistency of approach and sharing and promoting best practice and learning from appeals
If you are looking for a new role within a SEN team, we work across the UK and have a number of roles available from Plan Writers, Tribunal Officers to Statutory Assessment Team managers so please get in touch to find out how Spencer Clarke Group can help develop your career within Special Educational Needs.
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please make hit the apply button now and then contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.