Secondary Teaching Assistant
Looking for a Secondary Teaching Assistant for a School in Preston starting in September 2022.
The TA role is an ongoing contract throughout the school year. The successful Teaching Assistant would be providing classroom support, working in groups and occasionally a 1:1 basis.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Teaching Assistant role or want some more information about other roles we are recruiting for, then please get click apply.
Responsibilities of the role will include;
• Supporting pupils to complete set tasks within the classroom
• Occasionally on a 1:1 basis.
• Promoting independence within the school environment.
• Developing confidence of the pupils.
• Implementing and maintaining learning strategies.
• Supporting pupils to achieve their individual education targets.
• Working in partnership with teachers and other TA’s to provide a stable, positive environment for learning.
Who can apply?
• Experience working in Secondary Schools or similar settings.
• Individuals who have worked in an environment supporting and managing young people such as youth groups, sports coaching and mentoring.
• Other education professionals with these skills and experience.
How can you be considered?
• Email an up to date CV by clicking apply now. The CV needs to show all of your experience working children and young people.
• Hold an Enhanced DBS registered on the online update service or be willing to purchase one.
Why should you choose SCG?
• At SCG we understand and appreciate the contribution supply staff make to education, and we strive to ensure you feel valued as a member of our team.
Individuals working for SCG benefit from:
• Excellent rates of pay.
• Ongoing support and guidance throughout your education career.
• A flexible approach to work.
• Long term and temporary opportunities.
• A trained team of education consultants
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPENCER CLARKE GROUP
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Spencer Clarke Group work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary, Special Education needs and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.