Science SEMH Teacher
Do you have experience in supporting young people as a one-to-one?
We are looking for a SEMH Science teacher with experience of teaching Science, you will be work directly with young people in Key Stage 3 and 4 who have SEMH needs. This role involves providing informative, engaging sessions face to face, and encouraging pupils outside of mainstream school settings.
What to expect from this role?
• You will be planning Science sessions for young people to develop their academic knowledge.
• Experience in working with young people in small groups of 3 and 1:1 with SEMH needs and providing creative lessons to get pupils back up to speed in their learning.
• Being able to employ different behaviour strategies would be desirable in this role as the pupils will have behaviour needs that need to be met.
What are we looking for?
• Science specialist or the experience and knowledge of teaching the subjects at Functional Skills level.
• Have experience working with young people who have SEMH needs.
• Range of behaviour management systems.
• Able to plan and deliver core sessions.
• Applying skills to get pupils education back up to speed.
• Assessing young people to ensure they are on track to achieve their desired learning outcomes.
Benefits of working with Spencer Clarke Group:
• A dedicated consultant to discuss current roles with
• 13 weeks off per year
• Opportunities for further CPD training
Requirements for SEMH Teacher:
To work as a SEMH Teacher, you will ideally hold QTS or QTLS or have relevant experience as a Teacher. Solid experience working with highly vulnerable children, pupils at risk of exploitation, gang-related issues, violent and aggressive behaviour, substance misuse, school phobic, highly disengaged pupils and anxiety disorders is beneficial but we want to hear from ALL teachers. If you are interested in a teaching approach that is holistic and therapeutic but don’t necessarily have this experience yet, please still enquire.
Interested in hearing more?
If you want to hear more about our SEND opportunities, please get in touch! You can apply by response to this advert!
If you want to get your foot in the door, or continue an amazing career in special education, please make yourself known and apply for this position today! Alternatively, please send an email through to Jamie Heath to start the conversation. Successful applicants will be contacted within 3 working days.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPENCER CLARKE GROUP
● All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
● Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
● You must have legal right to work in the UK
● You must be willing to attend a registration interview
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Spencer Clarke Group work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary, Special Education needs and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.