We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Site Supervisor to oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance one of our schools in the Wavertree area of Liverpool. The Site Supervisor will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety, cleanliness, and functionality of the school site while managing a team of support staff.
The role is 10am-6pm for a minimum of 6 week but will most likely extend.
- Facilities Management: Supervise the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the school buildings, grounds, and equipment to ensure a safe and conducive environment for students, staff, and visitors.
- Team Leadership: Manage, train, and schedule a team of custodial and maintenance staff, fostering a positive and productive work environment. Delegate tasks effectively and ensure the team adheres to safety protocols and procedures.
- Inventory and Supplies: Maintain inventory records, order supplies, and equipment necessary for the maintenance and operation of the school facilities within budgetary guidelines.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, conducting regular inspections and implementing corrective measures where necessary. Coordinate with relevant authorities for inspections and certifications.
- Emergency Response: Develop and implement emergency response plans, including procedures for fire drills, inclement weather, and other emergencies. Act as a point of contact during emergency situations and ensure staff are trained accordingly.
- Contractor Management: Liaise with external contractors, vendors, and suppliers for facility-related services, ensuring quality workmanship, adherence to timelines, and cost-effectiveness.
- Communication: Collaborate with school administration, teachers, and staff to address facility-related concerns promptly. Maintain clear and open communication channels regarding maintenance schedules, repairs, and any disruptions to school operations.
- Proven experience in facilities management, preferably in an educational setting.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively manage a team.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and regulations related to building maintenance.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications for record-keeping and communication.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Certification in facilities management or a related field is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional certifications or vocational training in facilities management, engineering, or related fields preferred.