Site Supervisor - Part Time - Mornings Only
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Site Supervisor to oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance one of our schools in Blackburn. The Site Supervisor will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety, cleanliness, and functionality of the school site while managing a team of support staff. The hours are 7am-10:30am Monday to Friday initally but this may increase in the future.
You must have an Enhanced DBS for this role, if you do not have one you will be asked to apply for one before starting work.
- Facilities Management: Supervise the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the school buildings, grounds, and equipment to ensure a safe and conducive environment for students, staff, and visitors
- Inventory and Supplies: Maintain inventory records, order supplies, and equipment necessary for the maintenance and operation of the school facilities within budgetary guidelines.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, conducting regular inspections and implementing corrective measures where necessary. Coordinate with relevant authorities for inspections and certifications.
- Contractor Management: Liaise with external contractors, vendors, and suppliers for facility-related services, ensuring quality workmanship, adherence to timelines, and cost-effectiveness.
- Communication: Collaborate with school administration, teachers, and staff to address facility-related concerns promptly. Maintain clear and open communication channels regarding maintenance schedules, repairs, and any disruptions to school operations.
- Proven experience in facilities management, preferably in an educational setting.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively manage a team.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and regulations related to building maintenance.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications for record-keeping and communication.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Certification in facilities management or a related field is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional certifications or vocational training in facilities management, engineering, or related fields preferred.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPENCER CLARKE GROUP
All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have legal right to work in the UK.
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 14.3% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.