Job Title: IT Technician
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated IT Technician to join our educational institution in Skelmersdale. The IT Technician will play a crucial role in maintaining the school's technological infrastructure, ensuring that all systems are operational, and providing technical support to students, faculty, and staff. The ideal candidate will possess strong problem-solving abilities, excellent communication skills, and a passion for supporting education through technology.
- Manage and maintain the school's IT network, including hardware, software, and connectivity.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot computer systems, peripherals, and software applications.
- Provide technical support to students, teachers, and administrative staff for IT-related issues.
- Conduct regular maintenance and updates on computer systems, ensuring security and performance.
- Assist in the setup and support of audiovisual equipment for classrooms and events.
- Collaborate with external vendors for purchasing hardware, software, and IT-related services.
- Implement and enforce IT policies and procedures to ensure security and compliance.
- Conduct training sessions or workshops to educate users on IT best practices and new technologies.
- Maintain an inventory of IT equipment and manage equipment loans or replacements.
- Respond promptly to IT support requests and prioritize tasks effectively.
- You MUST have experience working in an educational environment such as a school, college or similar institution
- Proficiency in troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems (Windows, macOS) and productivity software (Microsoft Office, Google Workspace).
- Familiarity with educational technology tools and learning management systems is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Certification or degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside regular school hours for system maintenance or special events.
- A commitment to supporting the educational mission through reliable and efficient IT services.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to resolving technical issues.