Job Title: HR Advisor - School Setting
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced HR Advisor to join our educational institution as a key member of our Human Resources team. As the HR Advisor for our school, you will play a crucial role in supporting the development and implementation of HR strategies, policies, and procedures. Your primary focus will be to ensure a positive and productive working environment for our staff, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement. This role is with the intention of progressing to HR business Partner.
Similar experience is essential, the school are looking for an individual that can positively impact the schools systems.
- Employee Relations:
- Provide expert advice and guidance on employee relations matters, ensuring fair and consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Address and resolve conflicts, disputes, and disciplinary issues in a timely and confidential manner.
- Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and participate in the recruitment process.
- Conduct interviews, assess candidates, and contribute to the selection process.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new employees, ensuring a smooth transition into the school community.
- Policy Development and Implementation:
- Work closely with leadership to develop, review, and update HR policies and procedures in compliance with legal requirements and best practices.
- Communicate policy changes to staff and provide training as necessary.
- Performance Management:
- Support the performance management process, including goal setting, performance reviews, and professional development planning.
- Advise managers on performance-related matters and assist in addressing performance issues constructively.
- Employee Engagement:
- Implement initiatives to enhance employee engagement and morale within the school.
- Conduct surveys and gather feedback to identify areas for improvement.
- Compliance and Legal Matters:
- Stay informed about employment laws and regulations relevant to the education sector.
- Ensure the school's compliance with statutory requirements and act as a point of contact for legal matters related to HR.
- Benefits Administration:
- Administer employee benefits programs and provide guidance on benefits-related queries.
- Collaborate with external providers to ensure efficient delivery of benefits.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an HR Advisor, preferably in an educational setting.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and HR best practices.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills.