School Caretaker - Preston
Do you want to work with a great school in the Preston area? Are you handy with a range of tools and basic repairs?
We are looking for a Caretaker with minor repairs experience and a "can do" attitude to start as soon as possible in our Clients school, subject to a DBS check.
As a School Caretaker, you will play a vital role in maintaining a safe and clean environment for students, staff, and visitors. You will be part of the Maintenance team, ensuring that the site is safe and ready for use by staff and students every day.
- As part of a team of maintenance staff reporting to the Site Manager, you will be a key holder and general maintenance person for the school
- Carry out general maintenance tasks, including minor repairs, painting, and cleaning.
- Perform security checks to ensure the safety of the premises.
- Oversee the heating, lighting, and ventilation systems, testing alarms and safety equipment as needed
- Assist with the setup and cleanup of school events and activities.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Previous experience as a Caretaker or in a similar role is preferred.
- You must have a Enhanced DBS to start a role with us, if you do not have one you will be asked to apply for one before starting work
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Basic DIY and maintenance skills, experience as a Handyperson or trades person is essential
- Understanding of health and safety procedures.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Competitive hourly rate of £13.50 and up DOE!
- Opportunity to work within a friendly and supportive school environment
- Gain valuable experience in the education sector
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPENCER CLARKE GROUP
All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have legal right to work in the UK.
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
How to apply
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Apply now or contact Joe Penny on 01772 954 200 for more information!
We offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Joe Penny on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.