Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Kirklees Council to assist with the appointment of a Residential Care Officer
As a Residential Care Officer you will work closely with young people daily. It is essential that you are able to build warm and meaningful relationships with young people which enable them to progress in their lives.
Rate of pay: Starting from £11.96 - Negotiable based on experience.
Contract Length: 3–6-month agency contract.
- Level 1 or an awareness in safeguarding / child protection
- GDPR or training around recording, confidentiality equality etc.
- Some knowledge around CSE/CCE and bullying, attachment.
- Team teach or some form of positive behaviour management.
- Experience working with children and young people.
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare, or willingness and ability to register within 3 months of appointment and achieve within 18 months.
- Accept an enhanced DBS and barred list check is required. Please note that a conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
- You will need to have experience of working with the service user group and be able to use social work methods to promote positive change, independence and wellbeing in accordance with assessed need, whilst promoting choice and control for adults and carers.
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please make an application today and then contact Jordan at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200