Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside an award winning multi disciplinary consultancy practice to provide them with a Quantity Surveyor on a permanent contract.
We are a growing multi-discipline practice with 5 offices across the South of England. Due to our continued success we are looking to appoint an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor for our Exeter Office. The successful candidate will be required to act on behalf of both public and private sector clients across a complete range of projects. Limited travel will be expected to be undertaken across the region to fulfil the requirements of the role and the diverse range of work.
The successful candidate should ideally be Chartered, working towards or have an adequate level of experience. The successful candidate should have a good QS skill base, with an understanding of the commercial aspects of construction. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual.
As a successful Quantity Surveyor, your duties will be:
- Generally working with the team and assisting senior staff both in the office and at site visits
- Document management in accordance with QA procedures
- Preparation of cost advice in accordance with RICS guidance notes (including order of cost estimates, viability reports, formal cost plans, cash-flow forecasts, life cycle and whole life costs, etc.)
- Preparation of tender documentation and administration of tender process’
- Preparation of contracts
- Post-contract cost management (e.g. administering change control processes, valuing variations, assessing contractor’s claims)
- Preparing valuations for progress payments
- Preparation of post contract cost reports
- Preparation of final accounts
- Join a dynamic consultancy with excellent progression opportunities
- Regular and committed training and CPD opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Private Healthcare
- Excellent enhanced pension scheme
- Enhanced sick pay scheme (including long term sickness insurance)
- Access to 24/7 counselling through our employee assistance helpline
- Exclusive restaurant, travel and retail discounts.
- Access to free independent 1 to 1 financial advice
- Flexible working including homeworking where appropriate
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Joe O’Halloran @ Spencer Clarke Group.
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers