Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistants
SEND Schools, Lancashire
£60-£75 per day
Monday-Friday - 8.30am-4pm, term time
Spencer Clarke Group are currently working with a number of Special Education Needs schools based in the Preston & Chorley area.
These schools are looking for dedicated and resilient graduate Teaching assistants with a psychology background to work in full time roles to begin ASAP.
They are looking for candidates who will be a positive influence & role model for young students.
The position will involve supporting KS3 and KS4 students in a classroom setting.
You will ideally have some sort of experience in working with young people, perhaps you may have an interest in teaching in the future.
Experience or knowledge in working with young people with learning difficulties would be beneficial. You will be empathetic, resilient, and confident with behaviour management.
- Working proactively to help students achieve their attainment levels
- Encourage students to engage proactively with their learning
- Helping to provide a safe environment for children to learn.
- Assisting the teacher in areas also including behaviour management, consistently promoting positive behaviour, and in assisting with their general learning and development.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Recent psychology (or related subject) graduate
- Strong behaviour management
- Resilient and patient
- Desirable: experience working with children or young adults
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPENCER CLARKE GROUP
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Spencer Clarke Group work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary, Special Education needs and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.