Job Advert: Project Manager (Infrastructure)
Location: West Yorkshire
Contract: Ongoing, 37 hours per week
Pay: Inside IR35 - Negotiable
Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside a Local Authority in West Yorkshire to appoint a Project Manager on an ongoing contract. The Council has developed an Outline Business Case for a District Energy Network to supply low carbon heat to a range of public and private sector buildings in the Town Centre. The next phase of this project is commercialization and Full Business Case development, which will involve working closely with external delivery partners.
Key areas of responsibility
- Support the day-to-day management of projects, managing project scope, plan, report risks, cross program dependencies, and ensure that benefits and outcomes are effectively tracked and delivered.
- Deliver the project on time, to a budget with regular updates to project sponsors and boards.
- Communicate with a range of stakeholders including internal officers, senior managers, Councillors and Cabinet Members, as well as external partners, both potential energy suppliers and energy off-take customers.
- Support the development and implementation of the DEN in the context of both the scheme’s links to the Council’s Waste Strategy and the Climate Change Action Plan.
- Remain up to date with emerging legislation and guidance for the rapidly changing and growing District Energy Network (aka heat network) landscape, including advising colleagues as required.
- Ensure that the service provides Councillors, internal stakeholders, residents, and businesses with expert District Energy Network infrastructure advice, to dispel myths, and promote the DEN.
- Reporting to the Group Leader, you will be responsible for managing an external team of consultants to successfully development a Full Business Case and procure a delivery partner for the DEN.
Knowledge, qualifications, skills, and experience
- Understands the leadership of change in a political environment
- Understands the opportunities and challenges facing local government and the wider public sector.
- Experience in delivering complex schemes in infrastructure teams and previous understanding and experience of working on infrastructure projects is essential.
- Project Management experience in a UK setting, particularly with experience of the public sector/Local Authorities.
If you're interested in applying, please apply now with your CV and contact Joe O’Halloran at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.