Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority based in Kingston to appoint a talented Commissioning & Procurement Officer on a contract or permanent basis.
As an Commissioning & Procurement Officer , you will support the Council's major development and capital programme to regenerate Kingston and make Kingston a better place for its residents, local business and visitors. The team is looking for two procurement officers to support the Procurement Manager and Service Areas within the Place Directorate in a collaborative way and help deliver key outcomes for Kingston. This is a very exciting time for the procurement construction team with great opportunities to expand learning and experience in this area and further progress your career. We have a fantastic and supportive Commissioning and Procurement team who have a wealth of knowledge and experience that you can be a part of. The Property and Construction category has many exciting projects including supporting the Transform Kingston major development programme (Kingfisher Leisure Centre, Guildhall, Cattle Market, Cocks Crescent and District Heating Network), delivery of Education Capital projects (Burlington Junior School expansion); Highways and Transport; Housing and Property e.g. Facilities Management
About the role:
- Provide professional support to the Commissioning/Procurement team
- Develop excellent relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to maximise understanding of commissioning and procurement to deliver positive outcomes
- Maintaining the Council's commissioning and procurement guidance materials and templates
- Deliver low value request for quotations
- Provide procurement advice and signposting to further support
- Manage the commissioning mailbox, ensuring stakeholder queries are responded to in a timely manner
- Continuously look at how the Commissioning and procurement function can be improved, including actively seeking and responding to customer feedback.
- Experience of e-tender portal
- Experience of data management and/or maintenance
- Need previous experience in an analytical buying or supply chain role within preferably the property and/or construction sector;
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience of planning, organisation and prioritising workload
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively manage your own workload.
- Be committed to bringing real support to the Council to deliver the commissioning and procurement outcomes.
What’s on offer:
- On going contract (also permanent roles available)
- Monday to Friday (36 hours per week)
- £300 to £400 per day (negotiable DOE)
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.