Spencer Clarke Group are looking for a Procurement Manager to work within a local authority setting in Essex.
Contract – Permanent
Working hours – Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Rate of pay: £50,945 per annum
Negotiable depending on experience – Please send your CV with the required rate
About the role
- Lead the development, maintenance and implementation of category strategies, ensuring alignment to commissioning objectives
Develop and implement innovative approaches and solutions in the delivery of complex projects to enhance levels of service and minimise costs.
- This requires working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation and externally, to ensure best practice can be achieved when implementing new ways of working.
- Collaborate with and exert influence on Directors, Senior Managers and Members as to the commercial and financial viability of differing commercial options for specific projects within complex and often, contentious environments.
- Manage suppliers to ensure they consistently achieve the performance standards set out in contracts and that adequate controls are in place to protect the Authority’s interests
- Educated to degree level with a relevant professional qualification such as MCIPS and or equivalent demonstrable work experience with evidence of continuing professional development
- Knowledge of category management and experience of using this methodology in complex commercial environments to deliver significant cost or service improvements
- We offer a £250 referral bonus – so please pass on any details to someone who you think may be interested!
- We supply to hundreds of councils across the UK!
- Nationwide Supplier to the NHS!
If you are interested in the job, please contact Adam @ Spencer Clarke Group – 01772 954200 / firstname.lastname@example.org