Procurement Governance Manager
Permanent role, based in Kingston
Commissioning and Performance Management
- Ensures that commissioned services and activities secure the best outcomes for service users and deliver optimum value for money, in line with the Council’s commissioning and contract management framework
- Translates internal and external intelligence in order to continually adapt and improve the services in line with demand
- Manages the performance of the governance & policy team, working with colleagues to define outcomes, set targets and monitor performance, within a culture of continual improvement
- Develops operational plans to ensure that the resources within the teams are used to best effect and impact
- Ensures that the best use is made of financial resources and evidencing the added value of the procurement and governance activities.
- Measures the commissioning performance against the set KPIs and the team’s performance against the national benchmarks, as advised by the government from time to time.
- Provides scrutiny to the procurement reports and officer delegated decisions to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations and best practice.
Kingston Council requires managers to undertake and support a range of important corporate responsibilities including:
● Election duties
● Emergency planning and business continuity
● Engagement & Collaboration
● Health and Safety
● Safeguarding – protection of vulnerable adults and children
● Volunteering/social impact
● Complaints handling and investigation
NB. The requirements of this post could include attending meetings and other events outside normal hours as expected with a post of this nature and the postholder will need to manage their work life balance flexibly to meet the needs of the role.
● In order to successfully deliver the responsibilities of the role, you will need to:
● Have strong leadership skills, modelling a performance culture and constructively building achievement, confidence and skills in others Question and challenge conventional thinking, with a continual eye on the bigger picture in terms of the corporate context and external environment
● Role model agility and adaptability in mindset and ways of working
● Work successfully with key stakeholders including Members, residents, businesses, communities, partner organisations and other public services
● Demonstrate commitment to own personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the role ● Demonstrate a high level of innovation and creativity
● Practical experience of working with the UK Public Contracts Regulations
Role specific skills:
● Good knowledge and experience of commissioning and procurement best practice,
● High level project management and research skills
● Strong analytical and commercial skills
● Experience of developing alternative service delivery models and/or funding streams
● Experience of developing robust options appraisals and business cases
● Ability to move outside current thinking and traditional approaches to develop new ideas and innovative commercially advantageous commissioning solutions;
● Ability to develop and cultivate productive relationships both internal and external to the Council
● Experience of leading or managing change projects
Can you please confirm you are happy for Spencer Clarke Group to be the sole agency to represent you for this role?
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY PLEASE RESPOND FIRSTLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV, AVAILABILITY/ NOTICE PERIOD, THE ROLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR & THE HOURLY RATE YOU REQUIRE. We do not hold CV’s on file without first speaking with you.
On receipt of your CV and contact details I will get in touch to discuss how to progress the application.
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME*
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you know of someone who may be looking for work. Please feel free to pass on my details.
Any worker referred by yourself who is not registered and we place into a role, we can offer a referral fee of £250 to you!
Due to the high volume of applications, we are currently receiving, should you not receive a response within 48hrs please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.