~ Private Rented Sector Assistant ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Rochdale Council to appoint an Private Rented Sector Assistant to theirStrategic Housing Service.
3 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Full Time Position. (37 Hours)
Location – Rochdale, OL16 1XU.
Rate of Pay - £13.21+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
*** Candidates must be Approved Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS) Surveyors ***
About the Role;
Assist the Private Rented Sector Officer in delivering a private rented sector service which includes carrying out property surveys and inspections using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System, the implementation of both reactive and proactive enforcement of Housing Legislation, HMO Licensing, Empty Properties and Landlord Accreditation.
- Undertake property surveys using the Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS) where required.
- Implement the Council's approved policies and duties in relation to all aspects of Private Sector Housing.
- Provide a pro-active and reactive service to private tenants making use of existing powers under the Housing Act 2004.
- Assist in the delivery of the Council’s Mandatory and Additional HMO Licensing Scheme
- Assist in the delivery of the Council’s Landlord Accreditation Scheme
- Assist in the delivery of the Empty Property Strategy, including identifying and visiting empty properties, liaison with other agencies, communication with owners of empty properties and identifying solutions to deal with empty properties both in the short term and long term.
- Provide guidance and advice to owners, landlords, and tenants in interpreting HHSRS surveys, schedules of work and legislative requirements.
- Support the Private Rented Sector Officer and Technical staff in relation to Private Sector housing matters.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport etc.)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last three years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
- Approved HHSRS Surveyors.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500.
- Free DBS checks.
- Post Placement Aftercare.
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible