Spencer Clarke Group are currently working alongside a Local Authority to recruit a Principal Finance Officer to join their team on an initial contract basis.
We will be expecting the candidate to work from home but you will be required to attend the office weekly on a Thursday with core hours from 9am to 5pm to maximise the full benefit of working in the office as team. This may rise to two days a week as lockdown eases.
Rate- £360 per day (please submit cv with rate required)
Contract- 3 months+ with view to extend
The specific accountabilities of this flexible role may alter from time to time in order to meet the needs of the business/client, but this role will include:
- Responsible for advising and influencing clients to ensure informed financial decisions and sound financial arrangements with a high direct impact on financial management and service delivery
- Setting budgets and managing overall accounting arrangements, providing guidance as the key representative for the service area or activity
- Providing authoritative accurate and reliable information to clients for the large complex service area managed. This is including ad hoc reports and regular budget reports (usually monthly) to monitor spending and identify discrepancies. Communicates complex technical/specialist information effectively to ensure clients understand the practical implications within the wider organisational context of their service area
- Contribute to financial planning looking at the annual budget cycle within a longer term strategy. Identify structural or other problems with budgets and advises clients on strategies to organise resources differently
- Implements existing and new financial arrangements relating to the service area or activity managed, including those which arise from national legislation. Including interpreting and analysing new legislation to alter/create policies and guidance to ensure compliance
- Line manage staff in a team. Set and monitor objectives with an understanding of skills; evaluating and co-ordinating the work
- Co-ordinates employees to work together effectively to achieve service objectives
- Provide financial advice and performance support to major projects and participate in project teams
- Responsible for the computerised financial information on SAP for the relevant service areas
If this opportunity sounds like the next step that you need for your career then apply ASAP!
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers