If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority in Worcester to appoint a Principal Traffic Management Engineer on a Contract basis.
About the role
Based in Worcester, you will be tasked with:
- Overseeing all aspects of Traffic Management in the Districts of Worcester City and Bromsgrove
- Developing, managing and implementing traffic management infrastructure, through regulation and highway schemes within budget, time and quality constraints.
- Developing and implementing traffic management policies and strategies aimed at reducing road traffic accidents and congestion in the county and supporting LTP requirements such as sustainability.
- Overseeing delivery of traffic engineering projects and ongoing operational agreements such as Civil Parking Enforcement with 2nd tier authorities. To Manage the bus lane civil enforcement with our contractor and act as proper officer for appeals.
- Being the principal advisor on prevailing Traffic Management legislation, policy and practice and to be the principal contact for the Department for Transport and all other parties internal and external for Traffic Management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A recognised project management qualification, e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, RICS Dip. Project Management or similar and/or substantial project management experience.
- Level 6 qualification (e.g. degree) or equivalent experience in the traffic management field.
- Working towards Incorporated or Chartered membership of an appropriate professional body such as the Institution of Highways and Transportation or the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Substantial experience of working in Traffic Management/Civil Engineering.
- Substantial experience of project managing small scheme improvements.
- An excellent working knowledge and substantial experience of applying Traffic Management practice and other relevant law and regulations.
- Expert working knowledge of the Traffic Regulation Order legislation and process.
About the company
You'll be working for Worcestershire County Council as part of their Environmental Services, Network Control and Traffic Management team.
What’s on offer
- Salary: Negotiable
- Hours: 37 hrs per week
- Contract type: 3 Month Contract
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Joe O’Halloran on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial Zoom interview.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Engineering and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals