If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further.
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a Local Authority in Derbyshire to appoint a Principal Surveyor (Fire Precautions) on a 3-month contract.
As a successful Principal Surveyor, your duties will be:
- To take the lead on all fire related safety and monitoring to ensure that council properties (DCC), and other third party owned properties are maintained in a safe and operational condition with regards to the risk posed by fire.
- To lead on the development and management of the council’s Fire Risk Assessment process and policy to determine priorities and support managers and staff in identifying priority remedial works
- To produce a brief and procure specialist consultants to carry out Fire Risk Assessments on corporate and school buildings.
- To carry out a reviews and full evaluation of commissioned fire risk assessments, including carrying out site visits to validate the information received.
- Prepare and manage programmes of work for the Section, monitor progress ensuring that the appropriate standards and quality of workmanship are achieved and keep tight financial control of allocated budgets.
- Carry out landlord safety checks to ensure compliance with articles 8 to 22 of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Prepare detailed reports and associated documents relating to fire safety on both minor and major works in DCC buildings or as directed.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- A senior level in a building and/or fire and risk related role in a large, diverse organisation
- Understanding the production of evaluations of and resultant required works to ensure that DCC buildings are compliant with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order Regulations 2005
- Experience of working with or producing Fire Risk Assessments for buildings within public buildings
- Ability to represent the team at meetings and provide professional advice on all fire precaution related work
- Ability to evaluate and appraise completed Fire Risk Assessments, including writing reports and scheduling works.
- A minimum of Degree in either of the following – Building Surveying, Fire Safety or Building Control
What’s on offer
- Salary: Up to £40 per hour
- Contract type: Months
- Hours: Mon-Fri 37 hrs
- Location: WFH, with Ad-hoc visits to Derbyshire required
How to apply
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Joe O’Halloran at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
• Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
• Market leading referrals of up to £500
• Post Placement Aftercare
• Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers