Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority based in Newham to appoint a talented Principal Fire Safety Surveyor on a contract basis.
As a Principal Fire Safety Surveyor , you will be responsible for a professional housing surveying service, all technical aspects of the repair, maintenance, improvement and re-servicing of all council owned, managed and leased stock in accordance with Newham Council’s policies and procedures. Providing an effective responsive repair and planned maintenance service for the organisation; and to manage a specific specialist team of surveyors and support staff for the Asset Management Group. To lead specifically but not exclusively on the management of Fire Safety in relation to all Housing Blocks and Properties
About the role :
- To deputise as required in the absence of the Works Commissioning Manager.
- To routinely monitor and review the economy, efficiency, effectiveness and quality of current services across the Asset Management Group, developing new approaches to the challenges presented and implementing improvements that are in line with overriding strategic objectives, aims and targets, setting standards for the London Borough of Newham that result in continuous service improvement.
- To ensure an efficient and effective technical support service for the Asset Management Group, covering specialist services with Fire Safety as the main focus of activity.
- To manage the development of collaborative working with chosen contractors and strategic alliance partners, co-ordinating and integrating essential activities such as supply chain management, specification development, and consultation with residents. To develop project specific briefs to ensure all projects meet Newham Council’s’ objectives and comply with the contractual terms of any agreement to ensure best value in cost, performance, quality and future maintenance
- To ensure a programme of Health & Safety inspections is undertaken, including evaluating findings and ensuring any works necessary are carried out.
- To monitor and manage all aspects of Fire Safety within the borough. To liaise with legal representatives and maintain dialogue with other departments, and represent the organisation in litigation.
- To convene, chair project team meetings in accordance with agreed project programmes and to monitor, record and report all aspects of project progress and to respond to questions from residents, members and LVT.
- To ensure that all works are supervised and undertaken in accordance with contract specifications, London Borough of Newham’s procedures and Health & Safety (including gas safety) Regulations.
- To produce contract documentation for invitations to tender, examine tenders and recommend contractors for appointment, using expert knowledge.
- To assist where necessary in the procurement of consultancy services and to act as client in relation to technical consultants employed in managing specific projects.
- To monitor and manage the Fire Safety service as a whole, to ensure the team surpass the aims and objectives regarding delivery, on time and to budget and to the necessary quality, by using their knowledge and skills in the field of construction and financial control. To arrange, the effective ‘handover’ at completion, so that the resident satisfaction and desired quality is surpassed
- To critically analyse and evaluate performance and financial data on projects, contractors, consultants and the overall capital programme and in turn using the analysed data and your evaluation of the data to manage contractors and consultants performance against agreed targets. Challenging data where appropriate.
- To manage the Fire Safety team such that the council complies with its legal obligations with regard to all prevailing legislation. To ensure compliance with the councils obligations under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and all relevant building regulations.
- To manage the Fire Safety team such that the council complies with its obligations under the Leasehold and Commonhold Reform Act 2002 and that all relevant costs can be charged to and recovered from leaseholders.
- To attend meetings on behalf of the Council and report to senior managers and other staff, residents’ bodies or Newham Council on issues related to the Housing Capital Programme or schemes within it
About you :
- High level of numeracy and verbal skills to enable the post holder to undertake duties of the post.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation.
- Extensive knowledge of the legal frameworks encompassing Fire Safety
- Knowledge of HHSRS legislation.
- Knowledge of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Considerable experience of building inspection work, identifying faults, preparing reports/specifications.
- Considerable experience of supervising building works.
- Extensive experience in dealing with Fire Safety works and Fire Risk Assessments.
- Considerable experience of successfully running contracts/projects.
- Experience in managing staff
What’s on offer:
- On going contract
- Monday to Friday
- £450 per day (negotiable DOE)
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.