~ Principal Environmental Health Officer ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with West Lancashire County Council to appoint a Principle Environmental Health Officer to their Housing, Regulatory, Environmental and Community Protection Team.
3 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Location – Robert Hodge Skelmersdale, WN8 8EE.
Rate of Pay - £21+ per hour – Willing to negotiable on experience.
About the role;
You will work within the District team of the Environmental Health Unit. In the interests of staff development and as changing circumstances and workloads dictate, officers may be required to assist with other work areas within Environmental Protection. You will ensure that all customers both internal and external, receive a consistently high quality level of service, commensurate to the standards required by Stockton-On-Tees Borough Council.
- Supervise and participate in the work of the environmental protection section of the Environmental and Community Protection Service.
- Act as “Officer in charge of investigation”, under the terms of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, in relation to all Environmental Protection legal proceedings.
- Respond to complaints and inspect premises under all relevant public health and health and safety legislation.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day supervision and management of the Environmental Protection Section of the Service and to ensure that an efficient and effective service is provided and to ensure that all work is carried out on time and within pre-set deadlines
- Develop, monitor, maintain and revise, as necessary, work programmes, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments relevant to the work of the Section.
- Liaise with other Council Divisions and external organisations as necessary; to examine appropriate planning and licensing applications/variations etc. and provide advice, responses, evidence and guidance on Environmental Health issues relevant to the work of the Section.
- Keep the Environmental Health Manager informed about controversial and sensitive issues and about the level of performance of technical staff and Environmental Health Officers and to attend such meetings as required by the Environmental Health Manager.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport or Working Visa)
- Reference contact details covering the last Three years of employment. (Names, Numbers and email addresses)
- Qualified Environmental Health Officer.
- Degree / Diploma in Environmental Health or equivalent.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.