Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside a Local Authority in Islington to assist with the appointment of a Principal Building Control Surveyor on an initial 3-month contract.
Pay Scale – INSIDE IR35 – £25 - £50 per hour dependent on experience
Location – Remote Working, with occasional site visits required around the County
Contract Length – 6-months, with a possibility of extension
As a successful Building Control Surveyor, your duties will be:
• Provide expert technical advice on building control matters.
• Undertake detailed inspection of building work in progress, ensure compliance with Building Regulations at plan checking and final inspection of building work.
• To carry an appropriate application case load
• To work with internal departments and other Principal Surveyors to ensure compliance with building regulations on council projects as and when required
• Provide expert support and advice to staff across the range of functions, including Fire Safety, CDM and structural safety.
• Respond to complaints of danger arising from defective structures, and instruct the Council’s dangerous structures contractor. Advise and assist staff in undertaking this function.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
• Significant appropriate post qualification experience in Building Control.
• Hold corporate membership of ABE, RICS (Building Control), Institution of Structural Engineers or equivalent.
• Ability and experience of managing a team including the monitoring of workloads, priorities and performance
• Experience and knowledge of providing robust and defendable responses and decisions on legal and technical building control issues and other matters
• Ability to implement and manage a risk assessed approach to building control activities
• Ability to assess the structural safety of buildings and participate in the rota dealing with dangerous structures
• Ability to produce and review accurate structural reports, site surveys and calculations
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please apply now, then contact Joe at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.