Personal Advisor (Leaving Care) ***
We are working in partnership with the a Local authority in Merseyside who are looking to appoint an Personal Advisor to assist the Childrens Leaving Care Team.
3-6 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Full time positions - 36 hours.
Location – Bootle, L20.
Rate of Pay - £15 - £18 per hour. (negotiable on experience)
About the Role:
- Contribute to the operational delivery of an effective Children’s Social Care Service as part of a team responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people who will be leaving or have left care provision, continuously improving outcomes.
- Be responsible for support provision for allocated cases, in accordance with national and departmental procedures and guidance.
- Contribute to managing the reputation of the service and the Council, complying with national and service procedures and guidance.
- Provide advice and practical support to care leavers, including information and advice to enhance financial capability, accommodation options, education, training and employment, leisure and sporting and cultural opportunities to enable care leavers to enjoy and participate in community life.
- Participate in the assessment, preparation, monitoring and review of Pathway Plans, ensuring a person-centred focus and empowering young people and their families.
- Promote and facilitate contact for young people with their birth family members, providing supervision and assessment as required.
- Co-ordinate the provision of services and take reasonable steps so that care leavers make use of services.
- Maintain information about care leavers progress and well-being through a range of methods including direct contact.
- Leaving Care Support.
- Looked After Children (LAC).
- Local Authority / Public Sector.
** We offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity **
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org & call Dane on 01772 954 200.