We at Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Cardiff Council to appoint a Personal Adviser on an interim contract.
We are interested in speaking to candidates who have worked in the Social care Sector dealing with looked after children and young people leaving care, this role will give you an opportunity to work for your local council and protect your local children / young people.
Contract Duration – 3-6 months temp contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Role Location - County Hall, Cardiff, CF10 4UW.
Start Date - ASAP
Daily Rate - Starting from £13.21 per hour.
Please note there is an opportunity to negotiate on the rate for the right candidate.
Working Hours – 37 hours per week
To provide a Personal Adviser service, as required by the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000 and Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act.
- Provide young people leaving care with advice and guidance, including practical advice and support.
- Participate in the assessment, preparation, implementation and review of Pathway Plans.
- To make appropriate assessments of individual’s needs in collaboration with the LAC/LC case manager and other agencies as required.
- Assist young people in their participation in pathway planning; by providing advice, support and guidance to ensure that their pathway plans properly reflect their individual strengths, aspirations and needs.
- Arrange access to translation, interpreter and advocacy services as appropriate.
- Coordinate the provision of services to young people and take reasonable steps to ensure young people make use of services that could meet their needs.
- Liaise appropriately with other agencies and service providers and to attend both internal and inter-agency meetings as required.
- Identify any specific needs a young person has that are not being met and to raise these in supervision where appropriate.
- Be responsible for accurate and timely recording and report writing, including reports for other agencies and where required producing reports for Court, including the use of an electronic client data base.
- Comply with relevant procedures and policies.
If you are looking for a new role within the public sector, Spencer Clarke Group specialise in Interim & executive appointments for Local Authorities & NHS trusts across the UK. If there is a particular role you are looking for then please get in touch as we can help!
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please email email@example.com or call Dane on 01772 954 200.