Spencer Clarke Group are currently working with a Local Authority in Greater London who are looking to appoint an Assistant Director of Finance (Children’s) on a Permanent basis.
Your role will lead in the development and implementation of the Council’s financial strategy for Children’s Social Care, fundamentally ensuring sustainability over the medium term.
What does the role entail?
Based in Greater London (Hybrid – one day per week on site):
- Help shape the direction of the council to ensure delivery of its priorities and value to residents.
- Work closely with all senior stakeholders to ensure best use of limited financial resources, providing the strategic financial advice, insight, intelligence and support needed.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of the finance business plan.
- Draw on an in-depth knowledge of council services and the related financial complexities, to ensure the provision of systems and procedures that enable effective budgetary control
What do we require from you?
You will have the following skillsets or experiences:
- Full member of CCAB, (preferably CIPFA), CFA, or ACT with significant post qualification experience.
- Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD), particularly within social care finance.
- Significant strategic management experience, including translating organisational drivers into strategic objectives, longer term plans, new ways of working and specific outcomes, for a service in a large public sector organisation (preferably local government)
- A max 2-page cover letter that sets out why you believe you’d be suitable for this role.
What salary is on offer?
- Salary: £82,000 - £99,000 per annum.
*negotiable based on experience
*please submit your CV with the salary you require
- Overtime: no options available
- Contract type: Permanent
- Hours: 09:00am -17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply?
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group:
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
We offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Lauren Bailey on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.