An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Pensions officer to Join a The London Borough of Tower Hamlets on a contract basis.
As a pensions officer you’ll play a vital role in supporting the administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme that provides a range of benefits to the authority’s employees and their dependants, as well as employees of other organisations that participate on the LGPS.
If you have pensions experience within local government then this exciting role could be the next step in your career and we’d love to hear from you!
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To support the administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme that provides a range of benefits to the authority’s employees and their dependants, as well asemployees of other organisations that participate on the LGPS.
- To act as advisor on pension related matters, ensuring that the authority fulfils its statutory requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Undertake LGPS administration processing and calculations as required including:
- Maintain records on the Altair Pensions Administration system, including staff that have opted out of the LGPS.
- Maintain Pensioner payroll records on the Resource Link HR system.
- Processing incoming post and emails, including scanning, indexing to Altair records and setting up Altair Workflow Tasks.
- Processing enquiries and instructions from members wishing to opt in and out of the LGPS.
- Process and pay refunds of contributions. Provide information to the scheme member on the alternatives to a refund.
- Processing the calculation and notification of deferred benefits for members that have left the LGPS. Provide information to the scheme member on the alternatives to deferred benefits
- Deal with enquiries from employees, pensioners and deferred pensioners regarding their entitlements.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the LGPS and pensions related legislation.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Matt Byrne Fraser on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.