Spencer Clarke Group are currently working with Trafford Council to recruit a Pensions and Payroll Specialist to join their team on a Permanent basis!
Greater Manchester Shared Service is a unique collaborative shared service centre between Greater Manchester Police and Trafford Council. You will be based at Trafford Town Hall, in which they provide payroll, pensions and HR services for more than 20,000 employees, including local authority staff, police officers, police staff, specials, volunteers, teachers and education staff.
About the Role
As one of the Payroll/Pensions specialists you will have significant experience of developing and implementing Payroll/Pension systems, processes and procedures within a large, complex organisation as well as experience of working at a payroll control level within a payroll service processing payroll for multiple organisations with various conditions and regulations. You will be the lead expert in respect of all matters relating to payroll/pensions processes, regulations, legislation, and actively acting as a point of expertise for specialist advice for employees, managers and external stakeholders. Your role will include:
- To provide a comprehensive payroll control/pension administration function across a number of large, complex organisations
- To act as a point of expertise for specialist payroll/pension advice for employees, managers and organisations
- To support the Management Team in respect of all matters relating to the delivery of the payroll/pension functions
- To provide day-to-day operational management of the activities relating to the payroll/pension functions to ensure deadlines are met
- To work across the Shared Service teams to support the development of relevant procedures and documentation relating to the delivery of highly accurate and timely payroll/pension functions
- To be up-to-date in respect of relevant ongoing trends, regulations, policy and legislations and providing accurate, expert advice and ensuring that service planning, training and delivery takes these into account
- To support the development of innovative ways of working, technology and transformation that deliver breakthrough performance and quality of service
- Develop and actively manage productive professional relationships with external and internal partners, customer groups and business areas; ensuring that service expectations are met by taking a lead role in meetings, working groups, and projects
- To contribute to the development of strategic and project planning for the service; autonomously planning activities within these to ensure objectives are met
- To monitor the delivery day-to-day activities against the operational and project plans and to ensure deadlines and performance targets are on course to be met
- To deliver accurate accounting and control measures in accordance with statutory, audit and financial reconciliation needs, ensuring the accuracy and compliance of the payroll and related payments
- To support the development of new business, contracts and improvement projects; evaluating delivery against service level agreements and targets to ensure the service provided exceeds the expectations of managers and customers
- To undertake available development opportunities, show a commitment to continuous development and performance improvement to add value to the team
and much more!
If you are seeking a brand new opportunity within Local Authority then please apply ASAP! Alternatively please send your CV and covering email to Lauren @ Spencer Clarke Group firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers