If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside an accountancy practice in Birmingham to appoint a talented paraplanner on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a paraplanner within an advisory firm and have good communication skills and time management. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Birmingham, responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the firm’s Financial Advisors when informing and advising clients on financial strategies, plans and products.
- Once in receipt of a completed ‘factfind’, research and collate all the relevant quantitative detailed information required to compile a financial services report.
- Report writing to include tailored investment reports, pension taxation calculations and implications.
- Check all paperwork / information is available to ensure that the client file meets the FCA’s rules and requirements, submit files for remote file reviews.
- Discuss the client’s needs and objectives with the relevant adviser.
- Undertake research to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs and objectives.
- Where applicable, liaise with product providers and the client’s legal and tax advisers.
- Prepare suitability reports in accordance with the agreed recommendations.
- Complete application / proposal forms and ensure all compliance paperwork is in order.
- Implement the chosen / agreed investment strategies.
- Act as main point of contact and deal effectively with queries from clients, team and other parties.
- Assist in supporting the development of other members of the team.
- Establish and build strong relationships with clients.
- When required, organise and attend client meetings with adviser.
- Periodic reviews of investment portfolio and rebalancing.
- Periodic due diligence of providers and platforms.
- To keep up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace.
- Comply at all times with the firm’s Compliance; Training & Competence; Complaints and Data Security policies / procedures.
- To ensure that the firm’s clients are treated fairly at all times.
- To work as part of a team alongside the firm’s advisers and administrators to provide clients with a professional ongoing Financial Planning experience.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a:
- Diploma / QCF Level 4 or be studying for such
- A strong paraplanner background with around 5 years plus experience in such role.
- Experience of working in an advisory firm.
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s regulations and guidelines.
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s and the firm’s record keeping requirements.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services sector.
- High level of technical knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of product research and analytical tools.
- Knowledge of pensions and investments.
- Knowledge of trusts and business protection.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £35,000-£45,000
- Benefits: Monday to Friday working days, early finish on a Friday, Pension Scheme, Sick Pay
- Contract type: Permanent
About the company
You'll be working for a firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisers with 38 years of accountancy experience. Based in Birmingham, they take a pro-active and hands on approach to ensuring that all of their clients receive a professional service which is specially tailored to each of them, whilst being fully aware of their financial demands.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Shannon Broadbent on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Shannon Broadbent on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.