Rate: Up to £40 per hour
Contract Type: 3 months with view to extend
As an Occupational Therapist, you will play a crucial role in assessing the occupational therapy needs for my clients services and working collaboratively with children and families to meet the identified needs of individuals. The successful candidate will be responsible for confirming in writing with the client the agreed objectives and expected outcomes.
- Arrange assessment of Occupational Therapy needs for services and collaborate with children and families to meet identified needs.
- Confirm in writing with the client the agreed objectives and expected outcomes.
- Involve parents/carers in the process, taking into account their needs and those of the client.
- Carry a caseload and provide advice, support, and advocacy according to OT expertise for clients and carers.
- Negotiate the delivery of services with providers and other Agencies (e.g., specialist adaptive equipment suppliers, home improvement agency, and Housing).
- Collaborate with other professionals around the child and families, such as social workers, physiotherapists, and community nurses.
- Identify with the Senior/Assistant Team Manager the level of resources required and provide clinical reasoning to support provision, considering cost-effectiveness.
- Monitor the progress of written objectives and outcomes, taking into account the child’s/families' views and needs using a flexible approach.
- Participate in other activities benefiting from the application of OT professional skills (e.g., working parties, special service developments, policy formulation, group work, and community development work).
- HCPC registration as an Occupational Therapist.
- Experience working with children and families.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team.
As a leading specialist recruitment consultant, we take pride in our deep expertise in connecting exceptional professionals in the fields of Psychiatry, Educational Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Occupational Therapy, and Speech and Language Therapy with life-changing career opportunities. Our track record speaks for itself, as we've successfully brought together countless talented individuals and rewarding positions in the world of psychology and therapy. Reach out to Natalie today to discover how she can assist you. firstname.lastname@example.org / 01772954200