3 month contract with view to extend.
Join a dynamic team in the heart of London, working in the field of Adult Social Care. We are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist to be an integral part of our clients team.
- Manage and responsibly handle a caseload, ensuring timely and appropriate casework.
- Assess and advise service users on various aspects of daily life, adhering to relevant legislative acts.
- Provide guidance on overcoming daily living challenges through innovative techniques, involving caregivers/family when needed.
- Recommend and order suitable equipment and minor home adaptations, aligning with Occupational Therapy policies.
- Demonstrate and instruct service users, families, and caregivers on the correct use and maintenance of provided equipment.
- Ensure implementation of recommendations by liaising with relevant departments.
- Work in partnership with agencies to provide relevant information and support services.
- Liaise with Environmental Health and external agencies for Disabled Facilities Grants.
- Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants and Students as required.
- Maintain concise records of assessments and interactions in accordance with policies.
- Contribute to the planning and review of departmental policies.
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists or B Sc O.T.
- Registered as an Occupational Therapist with the Health Professions Council (HPC).
- Experience working with older and disabled people.
- Ability to undertake holistic assessments of service user’s and carer’s needs.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation impacting user groups.
As a leading specialist recruitment consultant, we take pride in our deep expertise in connecting exceptional professionals in the fields of Psychiatry, Educational Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Occupational Therapy, and Speech and Language Therapy with life-changing career opportunities. Our track record speaks for itself, as we've successfully brought together countless talented individuals and rewarding positions in the world of psychology and therapy. Reach out to Natalie today to discover how she can assist you. email@example.com / 01772954200