Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Newcastle Council to assist with the appointment of a Newly Qualified Social Worker We are looking for an experienced professional to take up an exciting opportunity within a local authority to assist the team manager in delivering services in accordance with agreed objectives, quality and performance standards, that will improve the outcome for individuals and families.
We are looking to speak with candidates who have experience with working with children and have a passion for making a difference in these young person's life's.
The position will be based within the Adults Learning Disabilities team, so we are looking for Newly Qualified Social Workers who have experience in Adult Social Care either in unqualified roles or within their placements.
This boasts as an excellent opportunity for NQSW’s to take up their first role within a local authority, previous workers have manged to secure their AYSE upon completion of this contract, further demonstrating the opportunity at hand.
Daily rate – £18 per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
Contract Length: 3–6-month agency contract.
Working Hours – 37 hours a week - Monday - Friday
Start Date - ASAP
- Recognised Social Work Qualification, e.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW, Degree in Social Work, or equivalent.
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure Certificate.
- Current HCPC Registration.
- Flexible approach to work, location, duties, and hours
- Experience of working in Adult Social Care.
- Able to demonstrate effective assessment, planning and evaluation skills.
- Ability to handle and analyse information.
- Ability to manage workloads, prioritise work and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working in partnership with service users, carers, service providers and other professionals.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards legislation, with knowledge of current safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate effective assessment, planning and evaluation skills.
- Ability to review and evaluate service delivery.
- Recording and report writing skills using electronic data information systems.
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice
- Commitment to open and transparent methods of working with service users
- Ability to liaise effectively with other agencies and professionals
We are welcoming applications from newly qualified social workers with a passion for starting their career in an exciting position within a local authority.
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please make an application today and then contact Jordan at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200