Job Title: Music Teacher (Qualified Teacher Status Required)
Location: Preston, Lancashire
We are looking for a talented Music Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) to inspire and educate students in the field of music. The successful candidate will have a strong passion for music education and a commitment to fostering creativity and musical talent in young people. This role presents an exciting opportunity to contribute to a vibrant music department and make a significant impact on the musical development of students.
- Plan and deliver engaging and interactive music lessons that cater to the diverse needs and abilities of students.
- Teach a range of musical disciplines, including instrumental and vocal instruction, music theory, and music appreciation.
- Develop and implement innovative teaching strategies to promote active learning and student participation in music education.
- Organise and lead extra-curricular music activities, such as choirs, bands, and musical productions, to enhance the musical experience for students.
- Assess and monitor student progress, providing constructive feedback and support to help students achieve their full potential.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the music department and across the school to create a cohesive and enriching musical environment.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning atmosphere where students feel empowered to express themselves creatively and develop their musical talents.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in Music Education.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Music or a related field.
- Previous experience teaching music in a school setting, preferably at the secondary level.
- Proficiency in playing at least one musical instrument and a strong understanding of music theory.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and inspire students of varying ages and abilities.
- A passion for music education and a commitment to fostering creativity and musical excellence in young people.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school community.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Supportive and collaborative working environment with opportunities for professional development.
- Access to comprehensive employee benefits, including pension scheme and healthcare options.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the musical development and enrichment of students' lives.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPENCER CLARKE GROUP
All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Spencer Clarke Group work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary, Special Education needs and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
Please contact Denni today! 01772954200