Spencer Clarke Group are currently recruiting for Multi Trade Carpenters to work in the Windsor area.
A Housing Association based in Windsor have a fantastic opportunity for Multi Trade Carpenters to join their team.
Purpose of the role:
The Multi Trade Operative is a member of Abri’s Technical Services Trades team, reporting to the Service Manager. This role is responsible for the delivery of carpentry, plumbing and other day-to-day maintenance repairs/installations to Abri properties in Hampshire, Dorset, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, West Sussex, Surrey and Wiltshire. The Multi Trade Operative will provide a variety of works to meet the high standards Abri customers expect.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Complete carpentry, plumbing and other decorative and plastering day-to-day repair works to the full range of Abri properties. To include plumb in of sinks/hand basins/baths/WCs, all tiling, lock changes, all carpentry and joinery, kitchen and bathroom fitting, maintenance of sanitary ware, patch plastering and decoration works.
- To liaise with customers and other colleagues, as appropriate, to ensure all relevant individuals are aware of progress and action taken. In more complex cases to refer the matter to a senior member of staff to identify the necessary remedial action.
- Provide a high-quality service to Abri customers and maintain a good customer relationship, acting as ambassadors for Abri.
- To ensure at all times that all works comply with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post. To include appropriate use of equipment, PPE and safety footwear.
- Deliver works on time within given priorities and attempt to carry out repairs first time.
- Ability to use and apply a ‘Schedule of Rates’ for job costing repairs and ensuring repair orders are varied to correct value.
- To cover out of hours emergency call out in accordance with the departmental rota or attend to emergencies out of hours when required.
- Ability to complete and maintain paperwork and records accurately in accordance with Abri policies and procedures.
- Use a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) and other Information Technology hardware to accurately record progress and completion of jobs in accordance with Abri systems, policies and procedures.
- Procure job related materials in accordance with Abri’s value for money ethos.
- Maintain a comprehensive stock of materials within the works vehicle, completing works in the most cost-effective manner.
- Maintain the works vehicle in good condition, keep it clean and carry out regular vehicle safety checks reporting any defects to the Fleet Administrator.
- To assist all other trades as and when required ensuring that residents receive the best possible quality service.
- To operate multi-task working where required and where skilled/trained to do so. To undergo any training needed to widen your skill level if required.
- To carry out other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, in relation to the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
Knowledge & Skills required:
- Demonstrable experience with a variety of carpentry and plumbing works across a variety of properties.
- NVQ level 2, or time served experience in carpentry and/or plumbing.
- Experience of working as part of a trade team delivering to tight timescales.
- Ability to accurately record work undertaken, record hours, materials, and costs. This may be via paper or electronic submission.
- Driving licence and/or ability to travel in a timely and efficient manner to attend properties, frequently located in areas not covered by public transport.
- Ability to undertake physically demanding work.
- Demonstrate our Values and Behaviours.
If you’re interested in the role and would like to apply, please email your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call Chris on 01772 954 200