Manager - City Development
Contract: Interim, 6-months ongoing
Pay: Inside IR35 – Negotiable DOE
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority in Hampshire, who are looking to appoint a Manager for City Development. In this key role, you will lead a portfolio of major property development projects and head interdisciplinary project teams responsible for their successful implementation.
- Lead major property development projects and interdisciplinary project teams.
- Support the Service Lead in formulating and implementing strategies for the progress of the City, citizens' quality of life, project management, and resource mobilization and development.
- Advise Members on projects required to achieve the Council's objectives for the City, with a focus on the City Centre and the overall advancement of the City and city region.
- Project management of specified major projects and investments, meeting budget, timescale, and quality considerations.
- Manage a Project Support Officer, seconded staff, and consultants as appropriate.
- Undertake identification, design, appraisal, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation exercises.
- Liaise with potential developers, inward investors, and the private sector to promote property development schemes.
- Prepare submissions for external funding, negotiate partnerships, and monitor and review the implementation of major projects.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree-level education with a professional qualification (RICS).
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Demonstrable experience in initiating and delivering complex property development and regeneration projects.
- Ability to produce high-quality development briefs and support partners in generating development proposals aligned with the council's frameworks.
If you're interested in applying, please apply now with your CV and contact Joe O'Halloran at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.