If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole Council to help find them a Management Accountant on a contract basis.
Manage the financial performance of specified services and act as the designated point of contact to the specified Service Director and their management team to support the service in maintaining service delivery within their agreed budget and undertake any financial modelling as required.
- Support the financial aspects for services, ensuring solutions are established that make effective use of resource in a demonstrably fair way whilst meeting the changing demand that the Council faces
- Provide complex, expert advice that is evidence based, in accordance with regulations and policies, and that will support service management in delivering their services and support informed decision making
- Manage and monitor service budgets, ensuring best fit with strategic direction of the service and a holistic approach to business planning to maximise outcomes for customers
- Proactively identify and develop the financial service by interpreting legislative requirements and developing processes that allow for national and local changes as well as providing financial modelling for services and projects
- Support the completion of the statutory accounts, setting a balanced budget and ensuring financial control and reporting is maintained and developed
Specific Qualifications and Experience
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification
- Previous experience in a Local Government finance environment and supporting senior service management teams
- Knowledge of the current finance issues facing Local Government
Personal Qualities & Attributes
- Proactive balance of risk and benefit
- Simple explanations for complex, technical information
- CCAB/CIMA or equivalent essential
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Matt Byrne Fraser on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.