Job Title: Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about supporting the educational development of young minds? Do you have a Level 2 qualification related to working with children in schools, such as Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Level 2 Teaching Assistant in Darwen.
- Qualifications: Possession of a Level 2 qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning or an equivalent qualification related to working with children in educational settings.
- Experience: Proven experience working in a classroom environment and familiarity with the national curriculum.
- Adaptability: The ability to work with various year groups or a specific preference to work with certain age ranges.
- Assist in the implementation of the national curriculum, providing support to both students and teachers.
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff to create a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Support individual or small groups of students to reinforce learning concepts.
- Contribute to the planning and preparation of educational activities.
- Foster positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively engage with students.
- Patience and empathy when working with children, understanding their unique needs.
- Organisational skills to assist in planning and preparing learning resources.
- Flexibility to adapt to the diverse needs of different year groups.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPENCER CLARKE GROUP
All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Spencer Clarke Group work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary, Special Education needs and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.