Spencer Clarke Group are working to recruit a Lettings Agency Team Leader for Newham Council
Rate – £20-£23+ per hour (negotiable upon experience) - please submit your cv with the rate you require
To manage a team of officers carrying out designated duties within the range of services provided to housing applicants and tenants, by the Lettings Agency as determined by the Lettings Agency Manager in line with fluctuations in work demands and priorities that may change from time to time.
The range of duties carried out by officers in the team could include:
- Promotion of alternative housing options; support for vulnerable people
- Mobility schemes
- RSL nominations
- Allocation of permanent and temporary housing accommodation (including PRS)
- Administration of the Housing Register
- Investigation and verification of applicant’s details
- Determination of eligibility within Council’s allocations policy.
- A good understanding and awareness of the housing needs of households on the Housing Register and of housing issues relating to allocations, choice based lettings and alternative housing options.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of housing legislation and case law and the statutory duties of a local authority relating to allocations and homelessness.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of void management and strategies to ensure void turn-round periods are minimised