Spencer Clarke Group are working to recruit a Lead Public Health & Safety Officer for Haringey Council
Rate – £23-£28+ per hour (negotiable upon experience) - please submit your cv with the rate you require
• To act as Lead officer for Commercial Environmental Health (CEH) responsible for the planning and development of measures to ensure compliance of statutory duties in relation to Test and Trace, Health & Safety, Infectious Disease and Outbreak Control.
• Working in partnership with the Public Health Team, Public Health England (PHE), National Health Service (NHS) and the wider council in the provision of health protection support, formulating policy and procedures, responding to rapidly changing conditions to help ensure communication and processes are clear and to help ensure the team is able to operate and meet its obligations.
• To provide flexible operational support across the wider service including food, public health, licensing, and smoke free legislation.
1. To provide a resource of experience, knowledge, and expertise in relation to infectious disease control and health and safety enforcement. Staying abreast and leading on developments on compliance, best practice, legislation, and other changes.
2. Ensure integration of developments into operational and strategic plans or initiatives.
3. Contribute to the formulation of the authority’s service objectives and strategies relating to value for money.
4. Contribute to the development of operational strategies identifying priorities and activities relevant to risks posed to the Borough.
5. Liaise with the Director of Public Health, NHS Track and Trace and Health Protection agencies to ensure the efficient operation of the local outbreak management plan. prevention control plan and test and trace service. Liaise with Public Protections Services regionally on cross border and national issues.
6. To be a competent inspector appointed under section 19, Health and Safety at work Act 1974. Investigate accidents and incidents in line with Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and legal requirements. As a Duly Authorised Officer take such steps and make judgements during such investigation as to mitigate risk to the Council
Can you please confirm you are happy for Spencer Clarke Group to be the sole agency to represent you for this role?
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY PLEASE RESPOND FIRSTLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV, AVAILABILITY/ NOTICE PERIOD, THE ROLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR & THE HOURLY RATE YOU REQUIRE. We do not hold CV’s on file without first speaking with you.
On receipt of your CV and contact details I will get in touch to discuss how to progress the application.
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME*
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you know of someone who may be looking for work. Please feel free to pass on my details.
Any worker referred by yourself who is not registered and we place into a role, we can offer a referral fee of £250 to you!
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact John Shorrock @ Spencer Clarke group – firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers