Job Title: Director of Leisure
Location: South London / Hybrid
Contract: 6-months ongoing
Pay: Inside IR35 - Negotiable
A local authority based in South London is currently recruiting for an Interim Director of Leisure
- Plan and deliver the strategic framework for the delivery of cultural and leisure services within the meeting the Councils fairer future promises.
- Deliver a large and complex capital programme over the short, medium and long term.
- Develop and lead the staff of the leisure directorate and coordinate the Councils overall approach in terms of leisure to achieve positive outcomes for the Community.
- Work with external stakeholders and internal partners to ensure high quality services that meet the needs of the community and attract support from stakeholders locally and nationally.
- Provide advice to the strategic leadership of the authority on achievement of the Council’s leisure objectives.
- Leadership experience in a similar complex organisation. Ideally experience of managing large capital programmes, complex contracts and large in-house services. A demonstrable ability to operate at a senior management level. Understanding of the scope of the portfolio and its future challenges
- Knowledge of the issues facing local government, and the legal financial, political context of public sector management and the statutory responsibilities of this post
- Substantial and successful experience of strategic management and demonstrable personal achievement of delivering on an organisation’s strategic goals, at a senior level in a large, complex, devolved and dynamic organisation
- Demonstrable success in leading, implementing and delivering substantial cultural change programmes and projects across multi-functional teams and services
- A track record of establishing and maintaining a strong performance culture including effective performance measures, the evaluation of service quality and improving service delivery which meets the needs and expectations of customers
- Demonstrable experience of establishing and building partnerships and joint working opportunities within a complex policy and service environment with a wide range of partner organisations
- A proven track record of successful resource management and delivery of cost effective, quality services within constrained resources
If you are interested in applying, please apply now with your CV and contact Chris Wilkinson at Spencer Clarke Group on 07841 488917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org