~ Housing Solutions Officer ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Vale of Glamorgan Council to appoint a Housing Solutions Officer to their Homelessness Service.
9 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Full Time Position – 37 Hours.
Location – Barry, CF634RU.
Rate of Pay - £18.85 per hour. Negotiable depending on experience following a successful interview.
About the Role;
- Contribute fully to the delivery of all services in relation to statutory homelessness services, homelessness prevention and housing advice.
- Help identify best practice in mitigating adverse impacts of Welfare Reform
- Establish positive relationships with agencies assisting homeless applicants, ensuring our excellent, valued relationship with Housing Benefit Dept continues.
- Work with the Housing Solutions Manager to ensure the delivery of quality Housing Solution services.
- Carry out interviews and home visits with persons who are homeless, threatened with homelessness or require housing advice in line with legal requirements and Council policies, with the aim of maintaining their current accommodation through early intervention; negotiation; and homelessness prevention.
- Ensure that the relevant statutory investigations are undertaken in line with legislation
- Make the relevant statutory decisions promptly and within agreed timescales.
- Implement the Council’s Housing Solutions Service to households experiencing any housing problem, including promotion of the Council’s private rented schemes and any other scheme or to work with other sections and departments of the Council and external agencies in seeking to resolve these problems or to carry out investigations.
- Carry out Housing Advice Surgery’s in various locations of the Vale of Glamorgan as directed
- Attend internal & external team meetings and relevant service related forums as directed.
- Visit potentially homelessness clients at their homes.
- Complete referrals and checks with Social Services in line with vulnerable adult and child protection policies
- Work closely with the Supporting People team to ensure that referrals are made for clients to access appropriate support
- Refer where necessary applicants experiencing relationship breakdowns to an appropriate support and mediation service.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport, etc.)
- Reference contact details covering your last Three years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME.
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you are not interested, but no of somehow who may, please feel free to pass on their details.
Due to the high volume of applications, if you do not receive a response within 48 hours, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.