~ Housing Options Advisor (Refugee) ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with North Warwickshire Borough Council to appoint a Housing Options Advisor to their Refugee Service.
12 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Full Time Position – 37 Hours.
Location – CV9 1DE.
Rate of Pay - £12+ per hour – Higher rates can be negotiated following a successful interview.
About the Role;
- Inform customers who contact the Council about their housing circumstances about housing options available to them.
- Assess the needs of homeless applicants and deliver the services required for the Prevention and Relief statutory duties and keep cases under review.
- Assess applicants’ circumstances in accordance with the Council’s Lettings Scheme and register applications as required.
- Collect and collate data about applications and the activity on the housing register.
- Ensure that good quality information about housing options is readily available for customers and to personally convey that information to customers who contact the Council for housing advice.
- Administrate the Council’s mutual exchange list service as part of providing options for applicants.
- Undertake the initial assessment of the circumstances of homeless applicants and decide whether the Prevention or Relief Duty is owed to them.
- Implement a wide range of housing options. This will include supporting applicants to access options (for example access to prevention funds, debt advice services and support services, private sector leasing schemes, Local Authority Mortgage Scheme, supported housing) as well implementing those that will assist them to find alternative housing (for example mutual exchange register, housing register, rent guarantee scheme).
- Help to promote the housing options service to encourage applicants in housing need to use the service and therefore enable the Council to provide assistance through early intervention.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport, etc.)
- Reference contact details covering your last Three years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME.
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you are not interested, but no of somehow who may, please feel free to pass on their details.
Due to the high volume of applications, if you do not receive a response within 48 hours, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible