Housing Choices Case Officer Opportunity
We are currently working with a Local Authority in Coalville to appoint an experienced Housing Choices Case Officer to join their Housing Choices Team!
Within this role you will be expected to prevent homelessness by giving comprehensive advice and assistance, covering the full range of housing options offered by the Council and other agencies to enable customers to find solutions to their housing issues. Where necessary you will undertake homelessness investigations, issue decisions and discharge the Council’s homelessness duty.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Lead in a specialist area of housing advice e.g. domestic abuse, young people, private rented sector or welfare reform.
- To monitor homeless households and take appropriate and timely action to minimise their stay in temporary accommodation.
- Carry out inventories for the administration of the rent deposit scheme.
- Be proactive in the promotion of Housing Choices services & continually explore ways of promoting awareness of the service.
- Support customers to access social housing.
To be a successful candidate in this role you must hold the following:
- Experience of working in housing advice/options, specifically homelessness prevention.
- Knowledge of Housing Legislation, particularly relating to homelessness duties.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Sophie on 01772 954 200
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Housing Options Services and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
We also have a market leading referral scheme of up to £250* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to contact Sophie at Spencer Clarke Group.
*T’s & C’s apply.