Homelessness Assessment & Relief Officer
We are working in partnership with a Local authority based in the Bexley area who are seeking a Homelessness Assessment Officer to work within the Assessment & Relief Service.
Contract - 3-6 months with a view to extended into a permanent position.
Full Time Hours – 36 Hours per week.
Location – DA6. (Hybrid working could be on offer)
Rate of Pay - £18 - £30 per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
- They are transforming the homeless service to improve homelessness prevention, reduce temporary accommodation and end street homelessness.
- Mostly working with "Relief" cases and they would be expected to draft Section 184 and discharge of duty decisions without supervision.
Purpose of the job:
- You will be responsible for the effective delivery of the Council’s statutory duty with reference to the Homeless Reduction Act 2017 and Parts VI and VII, the Housing Act (as amended) considering the relevant codes of guidance and case law.
- You will be passionate about delivering a professional customer centred high quality housing service that consistently impresses our customers whilst enhancing our reputation.
- You will be part of a transitional change to staff working in an agile manner and to implement the housing services approach to agile working ensuring that housing services are delivered effectively.
- You will be an energetic and an excellent communicator who works as part of a team that always seeks to understand first and create simple ways to keep people informed about things that are important to them.
- Local Authority / Public Sector.
- Housing Section 184.
- Homless Assessments.
- Homeless Reduction.
*We offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity*
To apply for this role please email email@example.com & call Dane on 01772 954 200.