Homeless Assessment Officer ~
We are working in partnership with a Local authority based in the Merseyside area who are seeking a Homeless Assessment Officer to work within the Homelessness Services.
Contract - 3-6 months with a view to extended into a permanent position.
Full Time Hours – 35 Hours per week.
Location – L2. (Hybrid - office 2 days per week as a minimum)
Rate of Pay - £14-£18 per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
- Work with people in housing need and those who are potentially homeless to identify and address their housing and support needs. To identify problems causing their potential homelessness and provide them with tailored advice and assistance to secure alternative settled accommodation and prevent their becoming homeless.
- Work proactively with relevant Council departments, partners and private and registered social landlords to ensure that effective support is identified and implemented to prevent homelessness, ensure timely assessments and support clients into settled accommodation.
- Investigate and determine the status of those presenting as homeless as referred to the team.
- Undertake direct work with clients via home visits where appropriate to provide potentially homeless applicants with a full appraisal of their situation identifying and discussing a range of options for them to consider.
- Local Authority / Public Sector.
- Homelessness Prevention.
- Homless Assessments.
*We offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity*
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org & call Dane on 01772 954 200.